Your metabolism is the amount of calories your body needs to keep vital organs working, so if you are sleeping, or exercising your body is always burning calories at work. Just like a car needs fuel your body needs the right kind of fuel to operate efficiently manages the fuel metabolism of the body.
The basal metabolic rate, says the amount of calories you burn when you're not doing anything, but it also refers to the amount of calories needed to maintain your current weight. There are separate formulas for men and women in the calculation of the BMR, these are:
For men: = 66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)
Women = 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
Your BMR increases with increasing the metabolic rate that could be caused by stress, fear or disease.
So instead of diet you have to see how many calories your body really needs in a day and then find ways to speed up metabolism, here are some things you can try:
- Understand the 30-minute sessions of cardio and resistance training at least 3 times a week, and in his day trying to stay as active as possible, take the stairs on the ground, keeping the body in all that you can move.
- Imagine that your metabolic rate is the shape of a cone of ice cream, which has its largest meal in the morning and gradually eat light meals during the day like.
- Include in the diet because green tea contains antioxidants that help increase metabolism.
- Eating foods low in fat and high in protein and lean poultry, 25% of calories burned by eating foods rich in protein.
- Eating five or six small meals a day can help keep your metabolism ticking over, drinking cold water also helps, because your body has to work to get the body temperature so you burn more calories.
- Add the spices to food, chillies are known to increase metabolism by 50 percent to 3 hours after eating a meal spicy, make sure the dishes are low in calories and fat.
Strength training increases the amount of energy expended during exercise and when you finish training your metabolism continues to function for up to 15 hours, while the rest will burn more calories and a large portion of these calories come from stored fat.
Finally, two important points, it is important to have a good program to sleep and 8 hours of sleep a day, do not cut meals or starve yourself is one of the worst things you could do, and it is only going to lose weight 's water and your body will perform at the little food that feeds him. Adapting to these suggestions takes time, but these are just some things you can do to speed up your metabolism and start losing weight.